18th March 2020
COVID-19 update from Jonny, KOTA's Managing Director.
Business as usual at KOTA.
For nearly 10 months, our team has embraced WFAW’s (Work From Anywhere Wednesday’s). Initially, this was brought in to break up the week and empower the team but we didn’t know we would be planning for the pandemic that has shocked the world.
Last Friday, we closed the studio permanently and have now been working fully remote since. It is absolutely business as normal for KOTA and our team.
I thought it would be useful to give insight into how we operate when away from the studio.
Our day to say set up is cloud-based, meaning we can access them anywhere, at any time. Some of the tools we use are listed below:
- Google (G-Suite): email and documents
- Dropbox: all of our working files are stored and shared via Dropbox
- Slack: internal project communication
- Zoom: client communication
- Harvest: project management resource for timesheets, resource and scheduling
- SmartSheet: every project begins with a Gantt chart and that starts here
- Adobe Creative Cloud: mainly Adobe XD / After Effects and InDesign
- LastPass: sharing secure data and password internally and externally
- GatherContent: complex content projects
We are in the fortunate position of working with some really exciting clients. All of our projects remain on time, on budget and there is no reason for this to change. We are lucky our clients are spread across various industries and countries. In particular, our concerns are with hospitality and we are doing everything we can to support them through this difficult time.
Towards the end of March, we have resources to begin new projects. There are some exciting discussions ongoing behind the scenes. We are also still hiring for a Digital Designer to further complement the team.
The safety of our team is our highest priority so we won’t be attending face to face meetings and they will be replaced with video calls.